In an effort to make membership through retirement as seamless as possible, for both you and your employees, it is important that you understand your responsibilities, as well as the rules and regulations as stated in the official code for retirement and pensions.
An overview of your responsibilities includes:
- Enrolling employees into SDRS and maintaining accurate records.
- Withholding the required contribution from each member's annual salary and submitting the required employee and employer contributions to SDRS by the 15th calendar day of the month following the month for which the contributions were made.
- Submitting and updating required employee data.
- Maintaining accurate contact information for your agency.
- Responding to SDRS requests for information in a timely manner.
- Designating a contact person who has the authority to complete and submit forms and respond to SDRS requests and inquiries.