Payments Not Considered Compensation
Some payments are not considered compensation and are not reported to SDRS, including:
- Unused sick and annual leave pay
- Expense reimbursements and allowances, including allowance for moving expenses
- Worker's Compensation payments
- Employee benefit payments, such as insurance coverage or other employee benefits paid by the employer on behalf of an employee
- Payments based on retirement or agreement to terminate employment
If you ever question whether payments should or should not be reported to SDRS, please contact the SDRS office toll-free at 1-888-605-SDRS (7377).